Fri, 11 Nov|
Art in the Garden
Art in the Garden 2022
Register to exhibit and sell your outdoor & garden art at this years Art in the Garden.
Time & Location
11 Nov 2022, 10:00 am – 13 Nov 2022, 6:00 pm
Art in the Garden, 38 Pauls Road, Whanganui East, Whanganui 4573, New Zealand
About the event
Art in the Garden is a yearly event created by Whanganui Potters Studio to celebrate outdoor & garden art. Artists of all kinds are welcome to register and sell their work, but the focus is outdoor art.
Artist information: How do I take part?
- You need to fill out the registration form with all necessary information
- This form can be downloaded here or pick up from Whanganui Potters Studio, 19 Taupo Quay.
- Each piece needs to be labeled with your initials, a unique number, and your price.
- Pieces must be dropped off and exhibits set up between 10am and 6pm on Friday 11th November 2022
- Your completed registration form must be handed in at the sales table
I'm not a ceramic artist. Can I register and exhibit?
The focus is outdoor and garden art. If your art can exist happily outside in all weather, then you are most welcome to register and join the exhibition.
Will my work be checked for correct labelling?
Yes. Please ensure that all pieces are individually marked with weather-proof tape (duct tape or similar) and permanent marker. The label must include member’s initials, piece number and price.
What happens if I have unlabelled pieces?
100% percent of proceeds of unlabeled/unnumbered items sold will be donated to WPS :)
How many pieces can I bring?
There is no limit to the number of pieces you can display.
What commission does Whanganui Potters Studio take?
Whanganui Potters Studio takes a comission of 20%
Proceeds from all sales will be made by bank transfer to members
You are welcome to bring maquees or gazebos, but with the following conditions
- If you set up a marquee or gazebo, other exhibitors are allowed to use the space too. This is a communal event.
- Marquees and gazebos must be set up without walls. This is to keep the garden space open and free-flow
Do I have to attend & volunteer?
WPS members are required to sign up to at least one job on the volunteer job sheet located at the studio
WPS members are not required to be present for the entire Art in the Garden Festival, but they are encouraged to assist with all activities at the venue at any time during the weekend.
Unsold items must be collected from the venue on Sunday 13 November 2022, between 4.00p.m. and 6.00p.m. or Monday 14 November 2022, between 10.00a.m. and 12.00p.m. Collection is the members’ responsibility.
All care will be taken to ensure the protection and security of members’ property. However, no responsibility can be taken for losses. We suggest that participants arrange their own insurance cover if necessary.
We request you don't use this as a business marketing/promotional event. This means company signage or promotional material.
If you have any questions, please contact any of the following
- Jim Farley 06 342 5854, email@example.com
- Elaine Clark 021 142 2047
- Pat Townsend 06 344 6457
Item drop-off & exhibit set-up
Art in the Garden Day 1